G’Day there you,
It’s been quite some time since the last post, since there’s been a lot going on with Regeria Hope since the release. It’s been interesting to see the response, which was very positive. I’ve been amazed by the generosity of people that are willing to donate to a free game.
So, things that happened last month:
- Regeria Hope was released! And it’s been featured in an article on Siliconera, and will hopefully soon be featured on The Care and Feeding of Nerds. It’s been interesting to see the reactions of people to Regeria Hope. I’m working hard on updates to the first episode that include more of my own game design to the episode, and I hope to have some sort of HD demo edition ready in time for a kickstarter either in late Jan or Early Feb.
- PowerUpGames made an amazing trailer for Regeria Hope.
- Shaken, Not Poisoned was play-tested at the Game Makers Guild, where I received some useful feedback, and will likely be releasing that free game this month.
- After the Crash finished playtesting at the labs at The Care and Feeding of Nerds. I think I’ll be able to release that game after I finish doing all the art.
- Regeria Hope was shown at the Boston Playcrafting December Demo Night. It was great to see other indie developers there.
My goals for January are:
- Get new music, new backgrounds, a new gui, the new rebuttal gamplay set up, and the “Defence Prep” and “Witness Defence” gameplay sections put into the new version of Regeria Hope: Episode One.
- Finish the Shaken, Not Poisoned artwork, and put a free to play version of it up, along with a version you can buy on The Game Crafters Web Store if you aren’t into cutting and pasting lots of cards..
- Get the tile art finished for After the Crash. Hopefully I can finish the rest in February.
So that was my month, hopefully you had a happy holidays, and an exciting new year. You get all the presents you wanted?